Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Dark Side - Beyond Good and Evil

One of the things that has amazed me more than anything else since my conversion is the fact that hell and sin are no longer "sticky issues" for me.  To me, they are now a given and I have no problem accepting the Truth of them. However, knowing this Truth and living it day to day is an entirely different matter.


I've been wanting to write for awhile now about this because a huge part of my previous spiritual beliefs denied the existence of evil.  I called it darkness and I believed I was to embrace this darkness because I believed that light and dark were just two sides of the same coin and were meant to be integrated to become whole.
  
Holding this new Truth has been challenging, not only because of the experiences I had as a child but because of how it so directly opposes what I believed before.  I would like to write more about this very soon but for now, I want to share an article that I read today.

It's by a gal named Marcia Montenegro who speaks about the many various philosophies about evil/darkness as they are expressed in the world, through movies, through other religions, through individual descriptions and then compares them to how evil is described in scripture. Her testimony can be found here.

The article itself can be read here.  


I hope that you do not let "problems of the mind",  including the idea of sin/evil, prevent you from being open to reading this article.  
  
The Dark Side - Beyond Good and Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment