Thursday, December 23, 2010

Seek and Ye Shall Find

I'm posting a series of videos of a man named Nick Vujicic who speaks a better testimony that I probably ever could.  In speaking with a dear sweet friend today, I realized that I am utterly unprepared with words to speak of God's magnificence and Love.  Nick does it in spades.  The message he speaks (not just with his words) is one I desire so much to do as well.  And that is, for my life to demonstrate and reveal to others who God really is.  To demonstrate He is REAL.  My words are not enough.  Reciting scripture, although they are wonderful seeds to plant, is not enough.  In Nick's words,  "I want to be a living testimony of God's power, God's grace and God's Love."   A life lived for God, through Jesus, speaks louder than words ever can. This gift He offers is not just for me, or for Nick, but is for everyone who seeks with their whole heart.

I received a bracelet from a new friend God brought into my life recently and it is inscribed with this message which I feel is the core of what I've been doing all of my life:


"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart"  Jeremiah 29:13


There's another verse I love and in my newness I'm not sure where it's found in the bible (will edit once I find it).  EDIT:  Found it:  It's Matthew 6:33. I like it because it describes how my primary focus was on finding God and establishing the relationship.  The intellectual questions I had about who He was and why were secondary.  However, after finding Him, all of these questions were answered.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I pray that you never stop seeking until you KNOW, with utter conviction, no matter what, that you have found. 









No comments:

Post a Comment